Fetal Ultrasounds in Colorado Springs, CO
Offering 3-D Ultrasounds Using the Latest Technologies
At Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology we are pleased to offer 3-D ultrasound services to our patients. Ultrasounds are ordered by your provider, and performed by a registered sonographer who works closely with your provider to ensure you and your baby receives the best care available. We adhere to the highest standards in the industry and are certified by the AIUM.
We are now proud to offer Initial Glimpse ultrasounds at our office in Colorado Springs. Initial Glimpse ultrasounds are an elective procedure used to determine the sex of your baby at 14 weeks. Call to learn more or schedule your Initial Glimpse ultrasound today!
Ultrasounds are safe, non-invasive test used to:
- Confirm pregnancy and location
- Determine the baby’s growth, age and sex
- Monitor cervical length for preterm labor
- Identifiy possible fetal abnormalities
- Determine the placement of the Placenta and its development
- Blood flow Doppler studies
- Monitor the fetus with a biophysical profile and fetal heart monitor
Ultrasounds are typically done:
- First Trimester — To date the pregnancy, if needed
- Second Trimester — Fetal Anatomic Screening at 18 to 20 weeks of pregnancy
- Third Trimester — An ultrasound may be needed for growth, anatomy, amniotic fluid level or cervical length, to monitor preterm labor
We are an AIUM-Certified practice.
Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology is AIUM certified which means our practice has demonstrated competency in every aspect of our operation, including:
- Personnel Education, Training, and Experience
- Document Storage and Record Keeping
- Policies and Procedures Safeguarding Patients, Ultrasound Personnel, and Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Case Studies
Receiving the AIUM Certificate is not just a one-time accomplishment. Our practice goes through a thorough assessment every 3 years to ensure that our providers, staff, technology, and equipment meets and exceeds the standards set by AIUM. If you are pregnant or planning of becoming pregnant, know that you are in competent care in a clean and up-to-date environment at Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology of Colorado Springs.
*Most insurances, however, only cover the second trimester ultrasound.